Up Flow Anaerobic Sludge Blanket Reactor ( UASBR )
UASB reactor is a three-phase separator, which enables the reactor to separate gas, water and sludge mixtures under high turbulence conditions.
- Improved contact between biomass and wastewater
- Enhanced activity of the biomass due to adaption and growth
- System can be shut down for extended periods without serious deterioration
- Low production of waste biological solids
- Production of methane gas
- Less bio-solids waste generated compared with aerobic process
- Breweries and beverage industry
- Distilleries and fermentation industry
- Food Industry
- Pulp and paper.